Table of Contents
The ’74 street shoe is a gesture of thankfulness towards the days passed by when style was a higher priority than maybe the present significance of air characteristics that so characterizes this advanced time. In any case, while this shoe has that specific vintage contact to it is stuffed brimming with present-day highlights, for example, the FACT carbon fiber sole, giving a firm stage to help push you further forward.
Totally overhauled to lessen weight and improve fit, the Body Geometry S-Works Road shoe is a top pick among numerous Pro riders for its superior, suffering solace, and mechanical conclusion.
Features of the Specialized 74 Road Shoes
1) Lightest creation street shoe with a mechanical conclusion roughly 270g (1/2 sets #42).
2) Full BG highlights with a BG High-Performance Footbed lessen problem areas and improve knee/foot arrangement.
3) Brand new Boa S1 dials pivot one or the other way for miniature change and on-the-fly tune-capacity.
4) Two autonomous Boa zones: top dial secures the lower leg and impact point, mid-foot dial snugs the curve and forefoot.
5) Redesigned Boa ribbon guides are open-sponsored for simple on/off.
6) FACT 12.0 carbon sole uses high modulus unidirectional carbon fiber and TorsionBox development.
7) Replaceable heel track with inside recessed screws for security.
8) Replaceable high-quality monofilament ribbon.
9) Light, extreme, and water-safe Micromatrix upper material for flexible solace.
10) Ultra vented tongue for unhindered breathability.
11) 3-jolt projection design fits Shimano SPD-SL, Look, Time, and Speedplay.
12) Performance Shoe Maintenance.
White Leather Specialised 74 Road Shoes
These shoes have all the bells and whistles of a modern road shoe but are clad in supple kangaroo leather. Complete with Specialized’s Boa technology, the only thing that’s going back to the 74s is their material. Right off the bat, though, you’re going to notice that the silhouette is lower than other shoes. By comparison, the heel is a centimeter lower than the rest. Tightening the two Boa lace systems, and immediately, you can feel how different these shoes are. However, it definitely doesn’t end there.
The Full Body Geometry features in the outsole and High-Performance Footbed change alignment while pedaling while reducing hot spots. Without going too far into this fit theory, your legs are essentially straightened as you pedal. Basically, it feels like your cleats are wedged to the outside of your shoe. A sensation that vanished after a few miles.
The Boa system is easy to adjust on the fly, after you’ve done 30 miles or so (my feet swell during riding). While some have complained about the heel cup and ankle rub, I will say that as a good work boot, the fit is essential. You’ve really got to nail down your size, so buy from a local dealer, or be prepared to send a pair back if you ordered online. At $400 a pop, you’ll want to make sure you have the proper fit. A shoe that’s properly fit will not rub.
Specialized 74 Road Shoe, Black 38
1) Full genuine kangaroo leather upper with retro styling
2) Full BG features in outsole and BG+ High-Performance Footbed combine to reduce hot spots and improve knee/foot alignment
3) Lightweight Boa S1-M incremental zonal closure allows on-the-fly adjustments for a dynamic fit; L/R shoe forward rotating to tighten
4) Two independent Boa dials optimize closure in each zone: Top dial locks the ankle and heel down while the mid-foot dial snugs the arch and forefoot
5) Replaceable heel tread with internally recessed bolts for safety
Final Verdict of the Specialised 74 Road Shoes
As we stated, there’s a ton to like about these shoes, yet my issues with the heel cup and the way that I essentially don’t have a sense of safety when wearing this shoe as I do while accelerating endlessly in its kin has the bummer factor of discovering your number one brew is made utilizing youngster work. Truly? What gives? Wouldn’t they be able to fix that?