SRAM Red is one of the best-selling mountain bike component makers in the world. It’s so popular because not only are its products one of the most cost-effective but is also one of the lightest mountain bike component groups out there which something that enthusiast bikers highly prioritize.
SRAM Red manufactures its bottom brackets, derailleurs, and most of its components using ceramic and to keep it light carbon is used, which makes the components sturdy, light, and smooth when it comes to using them. Also for the cassette, aluminum is used which means it’s light but also durable, and they are cross-compatible with other popular brands of bike wheels. The shifters are great to the touch as they are ergonomically designed to fit into most hands no matter the size and the controls are easy to access without putting any strain on your hands or fingers.
Lastly, to talk about the aesthetics of the design of these components, they are really top-notch. With a minimalistic and stealthy design choice for colors that comprises mainly black and silver with accents of red added which goes with the majority aesthetic of any bikes out there, this feels like it’s specifically made to cater to the competitive cyclists, which it is.
Pros of SRAM Red Products
- If we consider the price range which SRAM Red targets for its components, it is very hard to beat. With most other bike component manufacturers in the same price bracket, they usually cut costs by using no ceramic components or less durable materials.
- The only alternative components which are comparable to SRAM Red products are much more pricy in comparison and are also much heavier. This means SRAM Red provides one of the best values in the mountain bike component market.
- The handling of the shifters is smooth, accurate, and feels great on the hands without causing much stress during long journeys.
- The components are also lightweight and quiet in comparison to other similar products.
- It requires very little maintenance in the long run and is very durable and dependable.
Cons of SRAM Red Products
- Although SRAM Red products are very cost-effective in its price range, however, it is not cheap by any means.
- The design aesthetic may not be pleasing to everyone as it is very subjective.
- Other SRAM component lines are just as good.
- Upgrading can be quite expensive.
Final thoughts on SRAM Red Products:
SRAM Red is no doubt one of the best-in-class when it comes to its price to value ratio. Even if we consider its competitors in the same price range, they simply cannot compete with what SRAM Red has to offer its customers. It may not be the cheapest component line, but you won’t ever regret choosing SRAM Red.
With an amazing build quality, top of the line materials and components, ease and comfort of use, and great aesthetics, SRAM Red is definitely something you should keep your eyes out for.