The Sci-Con Aerotech is a hard shell travel case for your bike so that you can travel to whichever destination you like without having to worry about its safety. It’s one of the most highly recommended travel cases by biking enthusiasts. Usually, when you are traveling across the world with your bike in tow, it causes a lot of hassle as you not only have to worry about properly packing your bike in such a way that you can carry it through transit but also have to worry about it not getting damaged during the flight. So to solve that, Sci-Con has designed their Aerotech travel cases for that exact purpose.
To go over some of the important spec details about the case, it weighs approximately 12kgs which is on the lighter side of conventional bike travel cases. Having a hard shell casing to go along with that is a win-win situation. The case can accommodate bikes of up to 62cm and wheels of up to 26inches which gives you a lot of range to put in most standard bikes. Speaking of which, yes you will need to disassemble your bike when you put it into the travel case, however, unlike most other conventional cases, you do not need to completely take apart your bike to fit it into the case, which saves a lot of time and effort.
Lastly, the case is built to take some punishment and can withstand a lot of pressure and wear and tear because of the protective material that’s been used to manufacture the case. And as for the portability aspect, the case comes with a handle and nice wheels so that you can easily carry and move it around without much difficulty which makes it very handy and easy to use. Sci-Con even has a dedicated video online to show you how to disassemble your bike properly and a web page to see if your bike can fit into the case before you buy it.
Pros of Sci-Con Aerotech:
1. Sci-Con Aerotech cases are very sturdy and durable to ensure the highest protection for your bike.
2. The cases are lightweight in comparison to other alternative bike travel cases.
3. They fit a large range of bicycles.
4. Great portability in comparison to other alternative cases.
5. Complete disassembly of the bike not required.
Cons of Sci-Con Aerotech:
1. There is still a chance that the case may not be able to fit your particular bike.
2. Pricy compared to other alternatives.
3. These products are specifically for riders who travel a lot with their bike. So it would not appeal to every biking enthusiast.
Final thoughts of Sci-Con Aerotech
As you can see this is one of the best bike travel cases that you can get right now. It is light, durable, and portable; hence it’s perfect for cyclists who travel a lot. If we look at the pros and cons, then it becomes clear why so many enthusiast bikers recommend this product as the cons are almost negligible. So, if you are a cyclist who loves to travel and would want to see the world on your favorite bike, the Sci-Con Aerotech cases are the perfect travel companion for you.
- Developed and engineered in Italy, the aerotech evolution X TSA is one of the lightest and robust bike cases available.
- The aerotech evolution X TSA has been developed around the geometry of race bikes and has a dedicated space for all bike components.
- The clever suspended frame System (SFM), holds your bike frame firmly in place, providing extra stability and safety, just like a car's seatbelt.
- Reinforced travel sentry approved TSA key locks ensure the safety of the bike as well as access to the bike case to customs authorities in the USA, Canada and many other international airports.
- Developed with, and tested by, leading professional cycling teams and world-class athletes, the SCICON aerotech evolution X TSA is the first choice of the pros.