- Performance GPS cycling computer with mapping and touchscreen
- Dynamic performance monitoring provides insights on your VO2 max, recovery, training load focus, heat and altitude acclimation, nutrition, hydration and more when paired with compatible sensors
- Cycling safety features include bike alarm, group messaging and tracking, compatibility with Variant rearview radar and lights so you can see and be seen (when paired with your compatible smartphone)
- Includes routable Garmin Cycle Map with popularity routing - helps you ride like a local - plus on-device route creation and off-course recalculation; mountain biking model has integrated Trail forks data
- Customize with free apps, widgets and data fields from the Connect IQ Store. Sensor compatibility - ANT+, BLE
The Garmin Edge 800 is a specialized bike computer with GPS functionalities for the cycling enthusiast. It is one of the most advanced and most complete bike computers in the market right now. You are able to compute and track both your performance data as well as use GPS features via this device.
It comes with a 2.6-inch color touch screen display with a very easy to use interface. You simply turn on the device and connect the GPS which then enables the user to track all the performance metrics like how fast you are going, how far you are going, how hard you are working, how high you are riding, etc. which is monitored and tracked using the internal altimeter and other sensors. The Garmin Edge 800 is also compatible with a variety of other sensors like a heart-rate monitor, power meters, cadence sensors, weight scales, etc. which allows the user to monitor different sets of data on the screen which can be fully customized according to their preferences. The user can plan detailed riding sessions and workout routines before setting off on their journey as well as track how well they are performing and hitting their targets in which case the device alerts the rider anytime they breach their planned sessions. When completed, the user can also upload and check different charts and compare them in terms of performance. Basically what this means is that the Garmin Edge 800 is not only your riding companion but also your coach as well.
The Garmin Edge 800 also acts as a great navigation device. With its 2.6-inch color touch screen, navigating is easy to do. You can load your preferred routes and destinations using a micro SD card whether you want to go on-road or off-road, you will never lose your way. You can also use the built-in GPS to guide you through the routes or upload maps directly to your device using its micro SD card slot. You can also use its integrated software which is called Garmin Connect which lets you plan, explore, and navigate new routes to ride in which can all be done remotely from your computer or smartphone.
The Garmin Edge 800 provides comprehensive performance tracking and monitoring facilities as well as top-tier navigation features. This is an amazing device for cycling enthusiasts who are not only interested in just measuring performance but who also want to be able to explore new places to ride in with full customizable capabilities that will meet the rider’s needs.
Pros of Garmin Edge 800:
1. The device is easy to use with a user-friendly interface.
2. Highly customizable data and performance charts that will keep you up-to-date.
3. Advanced GPS and navigation features that allow you to both plan and explore new places and routes.
4. Integrated with Garmin Connect which is an online software that allows the user to remotely upload all the necessary information into the device.
5. The screen is waterproof and is usable in any weather.
Cons of Garmin Edge 800:
1. The screen is not very visible in extreme weather conditions.
2. The GPS feature set needs to be purchased separately.
3. Alternative products are much cheaper.
Final thoughts on Garmin Edge 800
The Garmin Edge 800 is an all-in-one bike computer. It’s advanced but easy to use feature set is highly sought after by enthusiast cyclists all around the world. It gives the user the ability to track both their performance and destination which is essential for riders. So overall, Garmin Edge 800 is definitely the device for you if you need to track your performance using a highly capable bike computer and also want to be able to navigate your way around wherever you go.