Ready to tackle a Gran Fondo? As the world’s leading bike magazine for the past 50 years, Bicycling is uniquely qualified to offer premium Gran Fondo training plans to cyclists of all levels. Both of these 8-week programs are the result of an exclusive collaboration between Bicycling and professional cycling coach Alec Donahue of Cycle-Smart Coaching in Massachusetts. Whether you want to crush a time goal or simply make it across the finish line, you can count on these plans to help you ride your best.
Choose Your Plan:
Survive the Gran Fondo (8 weeks):
This plan focuses on building endurance and improving pedaling efficiency so you can finish an event of 100 miles with enough energy left over to enjoy the post-ride festivities. Total weekly riding time builds from 6 hours to 9.5 hours and includes one long ride on the weekend; you’ll also enjoy two complete rest days per week. Riders who sign up for this plan should already have several weeks of low-intensity riding under their belts (riding 4-5 times a week at an easy effort for 60 to 90 minutes).
Sign up now >
Conquer the Gran Fondo (8 weeks):
This plan focuses on endurance and speed for more competitive and experienced cyclists. Total riding time builds from 9 hours to 13.5 hours and includes one long ride on the weekend; you’ll also enjoy one complete rest day per week. Riders who choose this plan should have either completed the Survive the Gran Fondo plan (or similar program), or have done at least 8 weeks of solid base training.
Sign up now >
Regardless of which plan you choose, you’ll get:
• Daily e-mails reminding you about the workouts of the day
• Detailed descriptions of each day’s workout
• Tips on training, nutrition, recovery, and more
• An interactive training log that allows you to track mileage, routes, meals, and more
• Tools to upload data from your Garmin, GPS, heart-rate monitor, or other training device
• Access to workouts from your smart phone
• Nearly 400,000 routes from around the world and tools to map your own
Not ready to purchase a plan? Start a FREE BASIC ACCOUNT today!