Table of Contents
- Fundamental Options
- Floor Pumps
- Mini & Frame Pumps
- CO2 inflators
- Room 160PSI Bike Pump, Bicycle Floor Pump Bike Pump with Pressure Gauge Cycling Bike Air Pump for Valve Air Pump for Balls
- AerGun X-1000 Bike Pump – Unique AerTight Pump Head for Easiest use with Presta and Schrader Bicycle Pump Valves – Pressure Gauge – 160 PSI – Plus Bonus: eBook on Tires
- Vibrelli Mini Bike Pump & Glueless Puncture Repair Kit – Fits Presta & Schrader – 120 PSI – No Valve Changing Needed.
- CYCPLUS Mini Portable Bike Tire Pump Bicycle Fram Mount Pump Fits Presta & Schrader Valve 110 PSI High Pressure for Road Mountain, and BMX Bikes Includes Mount Kit A30
We suggest that each cyclist should have two bicycle pumps, one to fix flat tires on rides (commonly referred to as a “frame” or “mini” pump), and the other to test and top off tires before rides (referred to as a “floor” pump).
Although you may rely solely on your frame or mini pump for all inflation tasks, you will find that a right floor pump with an integrated pressure sensor makes it much easier to test and add pressure. To help you pick the perfect pump, we’ve prepared this primer.
When you buy a bicycle pump, the first question is what sort of inner tubes you are using. Schrader and Presta (photo), are the two standard valve types.
Schrader valves are the same as those used on automobile tires. In general, these valves are used on hybrid and children’s bikes. Presta valves, found on most road and off-road bikes, are longer and thinner and feature a threaded tip that must be opened to inflate (turn in the counterclockwise direction).
If you have bikes with both valves, you will want a floor pump that suits the two. Your frame pump has to suit the type of pipe on the bike you want to carry on.
A floor pump is a fastest and most efficient way to pump up your tires. It will eliminate the hassle and exercise of using a mini or frame pump to top off the pressure before rides. If you have a floor pump, you ‘re not going to wear out your frame pump that fasts. What’s more, on floor pumps, you’ll find great features that make tire inflation almost as easy as using an air compressor.
Some of our floor pumps, for example, suit both types of valves. You have pump heads locked onto the pipe when you’re swelling, and you never have to hold it in place with one hand when struggling with the other.
Even the highest pressure tires can inflate quickly with our pumps. And our shoes come with stable bases on which you stand when pumping for the support. Plus, they’ve formed and padded handles for comfort when pumping.
We have pumps that provide accurate pressure gauges with big, easy-to-read faces to test tire pressure quickly. The sleeves on these pumps are also long to make it easy to inflate tires even if the bike is mounted on a car rack or repair stand.
Mini & Frame Pumps
Frame and mini pumps mean that you’ll get home if you get a flat tire on a ride. Frame pumps (not shown) are typically longer than mini pumps and require some open space on the bike. Many frame pumps are filled from the spring and fit between the frame pipes.
Others, and most mini pumps (photo), come with brackets mounted onto the frame to hold the pump. Minis can also be carried in a jersey or pack if you prefer not to use a pump to decorate your bike.
CO2 inflators (photo) provide an effective and convenient way to inflate your tires on the drives. Such pumps use carbon dioxide cylinders, which are loaded with CO2 gas. These pumps’ advantages are that they weigh very little, fit easily in a bicycle bag or pocket, and provide optimum pressure with almost instant inflation, thereby saving you the hassle of wasting many minutes pumping.
Nevertheless, CO2 pumps only provide as many opportunities as you have CO2 cartridges to fill your tires with. If there is an inner tube or CO2 cartridge problem, you will be out of luck. If you also pick one of these pumps, please recycle the used CO2 cylinders with other aluminum products.
|Frame Pumps||More Pump Mechanism EfficientMany models fit without brackets on the frame||Won’t fit on all bikes|
|Mini Pumps||Suitable for all bikes, in pockets and packsProvide bracks for mounting||Some demand lots of strokes to get riding pressure|
|CO2 Pumps||So small, it fits into your seat bag.Inflates quickly & easily||The more it is used, the more it would cost.|
Here Are Some Pumps We Recommend
Room 160PSI Bike Pump, Bicycle Floor Pump Bike Pump with Pressure Gauge Cycling Bike Air Pump for Valve Air Pump for Balls
- Twin Valve: Easily switch between valves Presta and Schrader without any air leakage.
- Precise Gauge: The broad-scale can be read quickly and pumped to the desired pressure—maximum 160 psi (11bar).
- Stable and durable: Sturdy barrel of steel with an oversized comfortable handle and large footplate anti-skid provide superior stability.
- Convenient: Special transparent storage compartment for nozzle and needle storage, connected to the pump for easy transport.
- Widespread use: appropriate for bicycle tires, tires for electric bikes, balls, toys, etc.
AerGun X-1000 Bike Pump – Unique AerTight Pump Head for Easiest use with Presta and Schrader Bicycle Pump Valves – Pressure Gauge – 160 PSI – Plus Bonus: eBook on Tires
- Professional Cycling Teams Used and Loved
- The face of High-Performance Motor for Good Run! Among the Best Pump Heads available is AerGun AerTight Pump Head.
- Today on any bicycle pump because it uses heavy-duty metal parts, rather than flimsy plastics. It makes it work longer.
- Bicycle resistant pump. It’s still effortless to use; there is no need for Fiddling, Flipping, or Adapters.
- Convenient Pressure Release Valve for quick and accurate removal of air from the tires to adapt to different training types or
Vibrelli Mini Bike Pump & Glueless Puncture Repair Kit – Fits Presta & Schrader – 120 PSI – No Valve Changing Needed.
- NO VALVE CHANGE OR ADAPTERS NEEDED: Locks both Presta and Schrader tire valves automatically
- 120 PSI EXTENDABLE TELESCOPE: switch from high volume to high pressure with ease
- “SUPER FIT” CLEVER VALVE: does not leak, automatically grips both Schrader and Presta valves
- MOUNTING BRACKET: Fasten the tire pump to your wheel, attach the velcro strap to keep the shoe securely in place
- INCLUDED: Glue-less puncture kit, ready anywhere for a flat tire
CYCPLUS Mini Portable Bike Tire Pump Bicycle Fram Mount Pump Fits Presta & Schrader Valve 110 PSI High Pressure for Road Mountain, and BMX Bikes Includes Mount Kit A30
- Inflate your bicycle’s flat tires in no time thanks to this frame-mounted pump package that CYCPLUS has brought to you!
- Our Frame-mounted Pump system is an essential accessory for any bicycle lover, made of superior quality materials.
- Pumps up to PSI 120
- Design of aluminum alloy
- Just 7.3 inches long, and weighs 0.22 lbs
- Smart head with twin valve
- Fit bracket for fast handling