Table of Contents
- Best Electric Road Bikes
- Aancher Electric Bicycle
- VIVII Gio Electric Bicycle
- VOLTA VB1 Electric Folding Bike
- SKYJET NITRO Pedal Assisted Electric Mountain Bike
- KRON EFT 100 Electric Fat Bike
- FALCON FRİDA 7000 Electric Motor Bicycle
- What are the advantages of an electric bike?
- What Are The Types Of Electric Bicycles?
- How Fast Are Electric Bicycles?
- How Do I Choose an Electric Bike?
- Do Electric Bikes Charge When You Pedal?
- What Are the Dangers of Electric Bikes?
- What are the Battery Characteristics and Range of Electric Bikes?
- How Much is the Cheapest Electric Bike?
- Are Electric Bikes Worth It?
- Recommendations for Electric Bicycle Purchasers
Are you looking for the best electric bike models of 2020? In this article, we have objectively listed quality, reliable, environmentally friendly and long-lasting electric bike prices and models suitable for every budget. Now you can easily decide which model you should buy.
With the pandemic, the decrease in interest in public transportation has led to an increase in the demand for personal transportation vehicles. Undoubtedly, electric bicycles are at the top of these transportation vehicles. “Electric bicycles have probably become the world’s most popular personal transportation vehicles we live in. Traveling with these extremely safe and secure smart devices will increase day by day,” says Juliana Buhring, who is the fastest female cyclist to travel around the world. It looks like that in our opinion.
Best Electric Road Bikes
Aancher Electric Bicycle
You can see the instant status of Aancher thanks to the dashboard with amazing assistance level of information you want while traveling. The Aancher, which shows its strength with its huge wheels, great pedal assist and has a simple and elegant design.
- Motor: RKS 36V 250W
- Handlebar: Aluminum H184
- Gear: Shimano 7 Speed
- Brake: Disc
- Battery: Hupo 36V 10Ah
- Chassis: 20
- Weight: 27 kg
- Saddle: Gel
VIVII Gio Electric Bicycle
With the power support provided by the VIVII’s electric assistance motor, you can now spend less energy on long distances with a max speed of gear 7. The battery of the model is placed on the rear wheel and a beautiful appearance is achieved. It is also light weight as compared to other models.
- Motor: 250W front hub
- Staff: Aluminum frame
- Tong: Suntour cr-8V
- Gear: 7
- Brake: V-brake
- Battery: 34V 8.8 Ah Samsung
- Weight: 23
VOLTA VB1 Electric Folding Bike
Thanks to its low weight and foldable bike structure, Volta vb1 is with you wherever you go. Hydraulic disc brakes are used at the front and rear of the model with 6 gears. Volta vb1 can travel 110 km with full capacity charging.
- Motor: 36V 250W
- Saddle: Leather
- Rim: 20
- Handlebar: Aluminum
- Weight: 22.2 kg
- Gear: Shimano 6 Gear
- Brake: Disc
- Battery: 36 V 8.8Ah
SKYJET NITRO Pedal Assisted Electric Mountain Bike
With its high-performance motor and 36 V 10 Ah battery, you can dust off the roads you go. Its shock-absorbing fat tires adhere well to the ground and prevent you from getting off the road. You can save space by easily folding the bike model wherever you want. It also has powerful brakes that is ideal when riding on mountain trails.
- Motor: RKS 36V 250W
- Weight: 27 kg
- Battery: Hupo 36 V 10Ah
- Saddle: Gel
- Gear: Shimano 6 Gear
- Brake: Front steel Disc / Rear Disc
- Handlebar: Aluminum H184
KRON EFT 100 Electric Fat Bike
Overcome all ramps with the KRON EFT 100, which has 7 different gear shifts. With the help of a powerful motor engine, you can easily travel around the day. This bike can reach a maximum speed of 25 km. With its eco mode of a battery-saving feature that is efficient in city riding.
- Engine: Bafang RM G060
- Gear: 7
- Weight: 27 kg
- Brake: V-Brake and Disc
- Staff: Aluminum
- Battery: Samsung li-ion 36v 13Ah / 468Wh
FALCON FRİDA 7000 Electric Motor Bicycle
The Falcon Frida 7000 is not your regular bike. It can easily climb 15-degree ramps with plenty of power of 1000 W motor power. Its battery can be charged in 6-8 hours. Also, it can reach a range of 50 km. The front tires of the model are equipped with mechanical disc brakes.
- Motor: 1000W
- Brake: Front Disc / Rear Drum
- Weight: 65 kg
- Battery: 230 v 50 Hz
What are the advantages of an electric bike?
Whether you’re buying your first bike, returning because of an injury, wanting to move on with a faster group, or want more fun with every ride, there is an e-bike for everyone. E-bikes straighten slopes, make it easier to carry heavier loads and save energy. You can also enjoy the benefits of a traditional bike! E-bikes help you exercise more, spend time outdoors, avoid traffic jams, and more.
Electric bicycles allow you to ride more comfortably with less energy than normal bicycles. Most importantly, it reduces the effort of the person to 0 on roads with short distances and not many slopes. In other words, it offers the opportunity to reach everywhere you can reach by bicycle without pedaling, may it be an electric city bike, mountain bikes, electric bike market, electric commuter bikes, and every ideal bike.
Consider also battery level, battery power, and battery size. Every electric bike has amazing battery features, but always consider the best ones for this because electric bikes’ main use is their electric energy.
What Are The Types Of Electric Bicycles?
There are basically two kinds of electric bicycles.
- Pedal Assisted Electric Bicycles (Pedelec): This type, which is more popular, follows the rider’s pedaling and provides engine support by activating itself according to the pedaling power and the speed the bike reaches. In other words, it provides support when the driver is in trouble. This type of electric bicycle can reach a maximum speed of 25 kilometers per hour with electric power, and when it is exceeded, the assistance mode engine is deactivated and the driver is driven by pedaling.
- Electric Bicycles That Offer Power When Needed (Twist-N-Go): Electric bicycles that activate the motor with the help of a button on the handlebar, and in this state, they are similar to scooters.
How Fast Are Electric Bicycles?
Electric bike speed depends on the capacity and construction of the engine, and maximum electric bike speeds are regulated by law. With the legal regulation in Europe, electric bicycles are limited to support up to a maximum of 25 km / h with an extra push. Also, turbo mode provides the highest level of assistance and helps you get the fastest speed suitable bike for city, or rough riding.
How Do I Choose an Electric Bike?
The first step to finding an electric bike is knowing and checking the electric bike category. You have to know what electric bike types you want. Just like traditional bikes, different types of e-bikes are designed for different types of riding, such as mountain biking, city bike riding, commuting, and road riding.
Electric mountain bikes give you the power to explore more trails and take more tours than ever before. You can strengthen the climbs and be your own rocket.
Do Electric Bikes Charge When You Pedal?
No. High-efficiency motors used in electric bicycles do not have regenerative properties. Regenerative motors can feed a small amount of energy back into the batteries, but in doing so, they sacrifice a large amount of efficiency and price. Though electric bikes have an excellent battery life, it needs tender loving extra care more than the normal road bike. Other bike manufacturers offer a lifetime of battery warranty, but it will cost you much for its price.
What Are the Dangers of Electric Bikes?
Until this part of the article, we have talked about the benefits and advantages of electric bikes. However, a vehicle that can be dangerous if not careful is this type of bicycle.
The most important danger is that they are extremely silent, which is frequently mentioned on social media. No matter how careful you are as a driver, the sudden reactions of a pedestrian or car driver who is aware of the existence of an electric bike at the last minute can lead to serious accidents in traffic. Therefore, frequently pressing the horn while using electric bicycles will be an appropriate precaution, even if there is noise pollution.
Another danger or somehow cool features are that despite reaching a certain speed, it can be used without the need for a driver’s license or another license. It also requires drivers to be more aware of this (legal regulation allows up to 25 kilometers per hour).
What are the Battery Characteristics and Range of Electric Bikes?
Batteries using lithium-polymer, lithium-iron, or lithium-ion batteries in recent models can be charged at home. They have a very wide range of charge time (depending on the capacity of the battery) from 30 minutes to 8 hours.
You can think of the average battery life as 800-1000 times of full charging. Of course, this life can be extended with careful and sensitive use, but the battery should be replaced with a new one after it is fully charged approximately 1000 times, with 4-6 hours maximum weight capacity use.
The range varies between 40-200 kilometers at a time, depending on the capacity of the battery (fully charged). It is also the range ideal for riders. On the other hand, battery capacity is not the only factor affecting the range. While the weight of the driver, other weights carried if any, and the headlights being on at night are among the factors that shorten the range, the support is given to the engine by pedaling to extend the range.
How Much is the Cheapest Electric Bike?
Although it varies according to the brand and model, it is possible to find electric bicycles in the market with increasing prices starting from 1500 TL (400 – 450 USD). The most important criteria affecting the price are; the engine power and battery capacity.
Are Electric Bikes Worth It?
Electric bicycles are one of the most popular vehicles in our country and in the world, whose use has increased in recent years. In fact, trials of such a vehicle were made at the end of the 1800s, but it has become widespread due to technological inadequacies. Electric bicycles can be used with the pedal just like normal bicycles, and in addition to the levels of pedal, they also offer motor support up to a certain power. Of course, this engine provides support thanks to a rechargeable battery.
- It allows you to go further with less fatigue especially carbon frame bikes. (With a normal bike, you can travel as much as your muscle strength can. You can travel much longer with an electric bike with less fatigue. Because motor support will help you.)
- It saves time with just a single charge. (The speed that can be done with an electric bike is higher than a normal bike. Even if it is legally limited to 25 km, this can be increased by various modifications.)
- You can climb steep slopes with less power thanks to the engine support.)
- It offers cheap transportation with bike lanes provided around the city. (Thanks to the rechargeable battery, it saves transportation costs.)
- It becomes an alternative to public transport with people for bikes campaign. (It allows you to get to most points in the city cheaply and without using public transportation.
- It does not cause traffic and parking problems. (After municipalities build bicycle parking areas like in Europe, much more comfortable opportunities will be created.)
- It is nature friendly. (Carbon emission is zero.)
- As electric bicycles become widespread, it is possible to reduce the traffic problems in cities.
It provides quieter transportation. Compared to other motor vehicles, it is almost silent. (For an electric bike with Shimano e-steps torque of 250 W 60 Nm, the engine sound intensity specified in the catalog value is 2 dB. You can easily hear the bird sounds on nature trips.)
It offers the elderly and people with health problems the opportunity to do light sports with assisted speed.
Recommendations for Electric Bicycle Purchasers
- Our advice to those who are thinking of buying an electric bike; It is your choice of electric bike brands and models that reliable brands producing electrical systems such as Bosch, Shimano, Bafang, Samsung have developed with quality and well-known bicycle manufacturers.
- Electric bicycles are much heavier than regular bicycles. For this reason, it is difficult to transport them. It should be taken into consideration while using. It would be advantageous to buy foldable ones only if we carry them in the car trunk or store them in storage.
- As with all products, it is important that the materials used in electric bicycles are of high quality. Especially in electric bicycles, gear, brakes, rims, extra weight and tires should be of higher quality so that these bicycles that use more power have sufficient durability.
- You should choose the size of the tire that is proportional to your height and weight so that it is easy to carry you and stand on it especially when leisurely riding.
- Make sure that the battery part is chambered and waterproof in order to use it in rainy weather.
- Let the product you buy is at least 500w. W power indicates the support the battery will apply to the engine.
- If you are going to use it in a place with high slopes, you should get an electric bike with a Mid Drive motor. These motors can climb steep slopes much better than Hub motors. In general, you should pedal in places where the slope increases. If you do not want to pedal, you should turn to a scooter or motors.
- Electric bike models are available in the market with mountain, city, and folding bike options. You should choose the one that suits your usage area.
- Electric bicycles’ batteries are quite expensive. The reason these are expensive is that they have a special battery called a deep cycle battery. In order not to change the battery frequently, it is necessary to charge the batteries without using them completely. If possible, it is necessary to recharge the battery when it is half charged. You will already notice that the lower the battery charge, the weaker the engine support power will be. In cases where you will not use it for a long time, it is necessary to charge the battery at least once a month.
- Do not forget to have a spare battery with you on long-distance trips.